09 May, 2021
What are the advantages of welding a zipper rather than sewing it?
• No needle holes – Increases sealing properties of the fabric
• Appearance – Accurate and cleaner look, strong bonding to the fabric
• Speed – Quicker application of welding vs sewing
• Reduces Consumable Purchases- Eliminates the need for needles and thread
• Smooth Production – No thread breaking or sewing jams, just continuous production
• Lowering overall production and labor costs
Who uses weldable zippers?
Any company that welds thermoplastic coated textiles has the option to use weldable zippers.
Common industries that use weldable zippers:
What are weldable zippers made of?
Zippers' tapes are usually made of Polyester. As weldable zippers are designed to be welded onto the fabric instead of being stitched the zipper tape must consist of weldable material or have weldable material added to it. There are two ways of doing it:
For what purposes is it applied on products? in which industries?
How do you weld it on your products?
1 – Make sure you are welding the same material together. (PVC to PVC, PE to PE) This will guarantee a strong and consistent weld.
2 – Make sure your welding area is clean.
3 – Adjust to the proper welding settings on your machine
4 – Properly place the weldable part of the zipper into your guide and make sure it is lined up with your fabric when welding.
5 – Start welding!